Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Nonna's Girl


As I have a nail appointment coming up tomorrow, I thought today would be a great day to tell you guys about my wonderful grandma. Now, you're probably wondering what my nails have to do with my Nonna but if you knew her like how I did, one of the first things that will come to your head are her gorgeous nails. 


My Nonna had the longest nails ever and as a kid, I was truly a chronic nail biter. I mean, biting my nails until I hit the nail bed bad. So, growing up I wanted nothing more than to have long nails just like her. She'd bring me to nail appointments almost all the time to get our mani pedis together and then a classic Walmart run right after. We could've shopped for hours in the clothing section and jewelry section and do it all again the next day. 


As I'm typing this now, my nails are just as long as my Nonna's and my style is almost as good as hers. She really knew how to put together an outfit with an adorable newsboy hat just to put in a pair of earrings to bring it all together. Now that I'm older, I'm very grateful to wear her pairs of earrings along with bracelets that have charms for all of her grandkids. It's a nice daily reminder that she never went a day without loving her family. 



I know if she were here right now, seeing how consistent I am with my nail appointments and how long my nails are, she'd be so proud of me. And that in itself is more than enough for me to carry her with me through my day to days. I love nothing more than to look down at my fingers and for the first thought to be about her. 


I hope those of you who are reading this, whose grandparents are still walking this earth, hug them tight and go on those trips to see them because those are really the moments that you will be grateful for. No matter how much you might put it off, because I know I did as I got older, it's always so worth it in the end and you'll thank yourself forever. 



- A






No comments:

Post a Comment

Women need to support women

I've been thinking a lot recently about all the things that have been happening associated with women. Unfortunately, the cruelty and ha...